Easter Egg Hunt

Being late to the party, you guys already found more than I've seen, but then I was on my way to meet a trader, and couldn't believe how close I was to missing this. He was with the Network, and on top of that, his first name was Quentin.

Quarantine_and_Gorman_01.jpg

@XzerothreeX: I got a kick out of your guy knowing how to crochet, 'cause mine knew how to sew. :)

Cool bonus that his partner was nicknamed "Gorman"; reference to Aliens. Sucked I couldn't recruit them.

Quarantine_and_Gorman_02.jpg

The main character I was playing also has a "Fallout" shirt, along with the Vault-Tec colors.

Fallout_Girl.jpg

It's great seeing you guys find the ones you have. I went running to help a Max and Julia as well. Saved Max, imagining it was really him, but unfortunately, Julia wasn't actually @Julia Faye. It's crazy I found my name with Gorman's since I've seen a lot of others, but not many I've recognized or knew the reference to. However, I have seen Wonder's.

You guys talking about Max got to me too, and I loved the video, @Vursuli. I really hope he's out there somewhere, healthy and happy. I didn't know him as well as some of you, but I feel honored I knew him even for a short time.

@Righteous Ham: I've gotten the "Rescues Spiders" trait also. Side note: I commend you. I don't keep any, but I like jumping spiders, and save the big ones like tarantulas. Around here, I find lots of interesting small ones outside. The rest of the time, it depends on how scary, how many, and where they are. If they're on me, they're probably out of luck!

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
Being late to the party, you guys already found more than I've seen, but then I was on my way to meet a trader, and couldn't believe how close I was to missing this. He was with the Network, and on top of that, his first name was Quentin.

View attachment 1814

@XzerothreeX: I got a kick out of your guy knowing how to crochet, 'cause mine knew how to sew. :)

Cool bonus that his partner was nicknamed "Gorman"; reference to Aliens. Sucked I couldn't recruit them.

View attachment 1816

The main character I was playing also has a "Fallout" shirt, along with the Vault-Tec colors.

View attachment 1817

It's great seeing you guys find the ones you have. I went running to help a Max and Julia as well. Saved Max, imagining it was really him, but unfortunately, Julia wasn't actually @Julia Faye. It's crazy I found my name with Gorman's since I've seen a lot of others, but not many I've recognized or knew the reference to. However, I have seen Wonder's.

You guys talking about Max got to me too, and I loved the video, @Vursuli. I really hope he's out there somewhere, healthy and happy. I didn't know him as well as some of you, but I feel honored I knew him even for a short time.

@Righteous Ham: I've gotten the "Rescues Spiders" trait also. Side note: I commend you. I don't keep any, but I like jumping spiders, and save the big ones like tarantulas. Around here, I find lots of interesting small ones outside. The rest of the time, it depends on how scary, how many, and where they are. If they're on me, they're probably out of luck!
Good find bro! so far i haven't found my name and hoping to soon.
I've seen Julia Faye's name, Bob's last name, Zero's but not mine.

Pipe Bomber

Missing Survivor
Hello fellow survivors, hope you’re all loving SoD2...despite its, well, obvious flaws. Big props to the folks who’ve put this place together.

I haven’t and probably won’t find any Easter egg specifically mentioning me be name, but there are enough croaky, bad tempered and annoying characters that you can take your pick 😏

That being said however, the Bridge Fort base is uncannily similar to the base I suggested in a rather long winded and over written post on the old forums(to wit I cannot provide a link) Similar enough that I am taking credit.. so despite the annoying bits, I HAVE to like this game simply because of that.

Also, I am claiming the inclusion of a First World War Bayonet melee weapon as my Easter egg. Again I penned an overly worked post about bayonets or rather the lack of in SoD. Brant seemed to like the idea, but said melee response from fire arms was not ever gonna be a thing due to blah blah..but to have it as a melee weapon will do. The description said something like“A First World War bayonet. It has crossed the ocean twice and has some faded initials. Quite sharp, but easy to break”...

Also the “Willie Pete” grenades you can find are surly a reference to Willie See, who used to be on the boards. The description was something like “a venerable old munition that’s been in storage for 50 years, now employed to combat the zombie threat”

XzerothreeX

Rescued Ally
Hello fellow survivors, hope you’re all loving SoD2...despite its, well, obvious flaws. Big props to the folks who’ve put this place together.

I haven’t and probably won’t find any Easter egg specifically mentioning me be name, but there are enough croaky, bad tempered and annoying characters that you can take your pick 😏

That being said however, the Bridge Fort base is uncannily similar to the base I suggested in a rather long winded and over written post on the old forums(to wit I cannot provide a link) Similar enough that I am taking credit.. so despite the annoying bits, I HAVE to like this game simply because of that.

Also, I am claiming the inclusion of a First World War Bayonet melee weapon as my Easter egg. Again I penned an overly worked post about bayonets or rather the lack of in SoD. Brant seemed to like the idea, but said melee response from fire arms was not ever gonna be a thing due to blah blah..but to have it as a melee weapon will do. The description said something like“A First World War bayonet. It has crossed the ocean twice and has some faded initials. Quite sharp, but easy to break”...

Also the “Willie Pete” grenades you can find are surly a reference to Willie See, who used to be on the boards. The description was something like “a venerable old munition that’s been in storage for 50 years, now employed to combat the zombie threat”
Good to see you again, PB. I'm not sure on the Cursed Willie reference, though. I've heard White Phosphorus grenades/munitions referred to as ' Willie Pete' in the distant past.

Pipe Bomber

Missing Survivor
Good to see you again, PB. I'm not sure on the Cursed Willie reference, though. I've heard White Phosphorus grenades/munitions referred to as ' Willie Pete' in the distant past.
Cheers Zero, nice to see some of the old crew still surviving!

Yeah White Phos is often nicknamed Willie Pete - gets a good name check in the film “Fury”, it’s the description that made me think it was a reference.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Sorry to disappoint, but the military has been referring to white phosphorus as Willie Pete for decades upon decades.

Pipe Bomber

Missing Survivor
Yeah I realise that YoJim, I wasn’t saying they’d made that name up, just that the description could be read as a reference to the old fella.. that is all. 🙂 I’m probably reading too much into it..