Early Access Launch - June 1

Bob

Survivalist PR Bot
Hello, I'm pleased to announce Survivalist: Invisible Strain is launching in early access on Steam on June 1st :) Check out the gameplay trailer:

It's a game about building a community in the zombie apocalypse. You can talk to anyone and they all have their own mood and opinion of you based on what they remember you did. You can also build anywhere, RTS-style, plant crops, chop down trees, craft stuff, etc. It's got stealth, you can hunt rabbits or people, skin them and throw the meat to distract zombies, set traps, lots of choices besides combat. Also online co-op! See the Steam page for a longer list of features.

The early access price will be $6.99, but there'll be a 25% launch discount so you can get it for around $5.25 in the first week. It has been in beta testing for almost a year and it'll continue to be worked on for at least that long again I expect as I need to write the story mode.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Not much is funnier than killing some bandit that tries to shake you down, then skinning them and throwng the "meat" at their buddies' base to lead infected to it.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
The game looks good but I guess their melee must be difficult. If sod can let player do more building and survival things, that will be nice.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
The game looks good but I guess their melee must be difficult. If sod can let player do more building and survival things, that will be nice.
It is, and it isn't. Melee combat is actually much more fluid and there are no homing zombies of death that will always hit you no matter what you do, but there are also no consumables to restore HP or stamina so if you're facing multiple enemies and there is nowhere to hide (zombies won't follow you into buildings) you can easily have a bad time. There are bandages but they don't instantly restore HP, just stop bleeding, and depending on the first aid skill of the person who applied it they give a boost to recovery time. You can rip up clothing into rags to stop bleeding but that doesn't help recovery time.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Well I just can't find any feelings of survival in SOD series, can you ?
Actually fallout 4 has more feelings of survival, right? :LOL:

Bob

Survivalist PR Bot
It's out now! :)
Also there's a free demo if you want to see what it's like before buying (you can play for one in-game day).