Dread and nightmare zones

e5futter

Rescued Ally
I'm excited for it. It's gonna bring some fresh air with it and hopefully add some replayability. I'm a bit bummed they didn't go for sliders but, can't win everything. The game is going to become more difficult and that's all I ask. :)

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
I'm really excited for it. It's a big update and my biggest concern is the bugs that will be released with it. Nightmare mode is the mode I've been waiting for and will probably keep me playing this game for a long time. My favourite thing is that with the increased difficulty it will make many things more relevant now. Blood plague cure and infirmary, much more relevant. Food facilities more relevant. Crafting weapons/explosives more relevant. Even carrying a light backpack for reduced stamina usage will be a lot more relevant as a by product to how hard the game is. I just hope it's done right. Lots of zeds is good but there has to be quiet moments. You can't be non stop getting attacked. Especially in your base.

A1icehatter

Rescued Ally
I'm really excited for it. It's a big update and my biggest concern is the bugs that will be released with it. Nightmare mode is the mode I've been waiting for and will probably keep me playing this game for a long time. My favourite thing is that with the increased difficulty it will make many things more relevant now. Blood plague cure and infirmary, much more relevant. Food facilities more relevant. Crafting weapons/explosives more relevant. Even carrying a light backpack for reduced stamina usage will be a lot more relevant as a by product to how hard the game is. I just hope it's done right. Lots of zeds is good but there has to be quiet moments. You can't be non stop getting attacked. Especially in your base.
Yeah I totally agree with you

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
During the latest stream, while Geoff and Brant dished out basic information about DREAD and NIGHTMARE, a viewer inquired about the far-future "Return to Trumbull Valley" map. Geoff replied it was still way too early to talk about that particular issue, and then quickly steered the discourse back on-topic. But not before Brant, referring to RTTV, said:

"It's not just a (new) map."

Take from that what you will.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I think nightmare is going to be a pain in the ass :D With about 35% of zeds getting first strike in the normal game....it will be worse in nightmare because any hit by a zed has a chance of injury. There'll be a good chance most your group will have injuries at any given time :rolleyes: Also make and carry blood plague cures with you ;)

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
I think nightmare is going to be a pain in the ass :D With about 35% of zeds getting first strike in the normal game....it will be worse in nightmare because any hit by a zed has a chance of injury. There'll be a good chance most your group will have injuries at any given time :rolleyes: Also make and carry blood plague cures with you ;)
On nightmare you have 10 minutes to get to your base or closest outpost. Should be enough time. Worst case you just keep a vial in your vehicle.. or start placing vehicles across the map with loaded trunks of emergency supplies.

DumplingBadger

Rescued Ally
On nightmare you have 10 minutes to get to your base or closest outpost. Should be enough time. Worst case you just keep a vial in your vehicle.. or start placing vehicles across the map with loaded trunks of emergency supplies.
Don't forget that 10 minutes is only as long as you take no more hits from plague zeds, every additional hits lowers the timer. You get stuck in a horde for some reason odds are your SoL!

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Honestly, Nightmare is the type of apocalypse scenario I was expecting to get from the beginning with how the trailers set up the lethality of Blood Plague, and the atmosphere that the hordes of screamers, bloaters, and ferals will create is what I'd expect from a 15 month jump in time from a zedpocalypse that wiped out a massive chunk of the world in just two weeks. Nightmare will now be my new default mode.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Don't forget that 10 minutes is only as long as you take no more hits from plague zeds, every additional hits lowers the timer. You get stuck in a horde for some reason odds are your SoL!
True and in the stream they made it sound like one or two hits from plague zeds while infected would lead to death. I'm going to prepare for the worst at all times :) Plus send in a well stocked veteran group in to assault the nightmare zone ;)

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
Now, if only UL would concoct Next-to-Impossible-to-Attain Achievements to complement the amplified difficulty.

I'm so sick of this franchise's insipid, limp-dick achievements, most of which are of the Get-Ten-Points-for-Writing-Your-Name-On-Your-Test variety. Truly pathetic.

C'mon, UL. Remove the pacifier, bib, and training wheels. AMP it up! Raise the fucking ante! Make our asses EARN it!

kwpit79

Missing Survivor
I do have a major concern with taking CPU followers with you in the harder modes. They're almost useless now. Will we even be able to take them with us in the harder modes, or will that mean certain death? If we have to do everything ourselves, it'll make scavenging a lot more tedious.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
I do have a major concern with taking CPU followers with you in the harder modes. They're almost useless now. Will we even be able to take them with us in the harder modes, or will that mean certain death? If we have to do everything ourselves, it'll make scavenging a lot more tedious.
I was thinking about that the other day. What will happen when I take a follower with me and while trying to scavenge and be stealthy they decide to jump through a window (as they are prone to do) and get my character killed? I am going to predict that at the higher Nightmare zone there will be casualties and rage, lots of rage.;)