Does anyone here ever die in-game?

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I've been asking for something similar since YOSE:
  • Missions where we can help relocate an enclave (we have that option now, but don't get to choose where they move to)
  • Missions to provide resources to help make improvements to their base (we give them resources all day, but nothing comes of it)
  • Missions to help enclaves build a watchtower, which would expand their safezone radius
Won't happen in this game but maybe SoD3 :D Would take to much work to add it to SoD2 :(

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Won't happen in this game but maybe SoD3 :D Would take to much work to add it to SoD2 :(
With how big the updates are and actually how little coding it would be. I have to say. It should not be that hard unless they get a brand spanking new coder and say this is what we want, add it.

But if they look at what we did at The Grange and their Tower, Santos delivering lumber to them, and the boarded up window feature from SoD OG and YOSE. It can not be that hard... could it?

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
Agreed, plague hearts should have never been a primary objective since they are so monotonous as they stand. I think the early and later hearts differ in just hitpoints. They should have implemented a dynamic story based objective system that makes more sense for the game world. The hearts then could be used as secondary barriers to spice up a true story progression.
I'm not keen on the idea of plague hearts altogether IMO it just doesn't fit with the zombie apocalypse. Although it would be nice if they were a significant challenge as it's rare that the zombie wave they spawn reach me before I kill the heart, thus killing the wave.
Hoards in SOD1 would create infestations so plague hoards should create plague hearts, and if the waves spawned based on the heart hearing sound they would be more formidable to deal with especially in close proximity.
Half the problem I have with hearts is that it plays out the exact same way every time, like you said; monotonous.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
With how big the updates are and actually how little coding it would be. I have to say. It should not be that hard unless they get a brand spanking new coder and say this is what we want, add it.

But if they look at what we did at The Grange and their Tower, Santos delivering lumber to them, and the boarded up window feature from SoD OG and YOSE. It can not be that hard... could it?
Was told they would have to make upgraded versions for every building.....times how ever many times it's upgraded. But would seem to me :unsure: if they changed the coding for enclaves with none spawning at fruit stands, cell towers , small sheds, campsites and small stores/offices. Then they would only have to change houses,gun shops and gas stations....oh and the fire station. Or hell just limit enclave spawns to houses since they are mostly cookie cutter homes anyway :D

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
As far as I can remember, the only enclave that ever has anything actually different on the map is the zombie hunter group, who has that chained up zombie wherever they set up camp. I have only ever seen them in actual player-useable homesites, but that is evidence that they can do it if they wanted to. It doesn't have to be every place... as Sailorwolf pointed out, eliminating the sheds, cell towers, and other useless places they spawn would cut out many of the buildings.

After that, just change the missions they can request for any that show up in other places.... let them request food, medicine, and ammo, since they are not the types worrying about anything but surviving today, not building. Only let enclaves in upgradeable locations request materials, generators, and such.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
As far as I can remember, the only enclave that ever has anything actually different on the map is the zombie hunter group, who has that chained up zombie wherever they set up camp. I have only ever seen them in actual player-useable homesites, but that is evidence that they can do it if they wanted to. It doesn't have to be every place... as Sailorwolf pointed out, eliminating the sheds, cell towers, and other useless places they spawn would cut out many of the buildings.

After that, just change the missions they can request for any that show up in other places.... let them request food, medicine, and ammo, since they are not the types worrying about anything but surviving today, not building. Only let enclaves in upgradeable locations request materials, generators, and such.
Even better would be to only allow enclaves that are set up in places that can be used as player homesites to request materials and such to fortify their base, and have facilities built over time the longer they're in residence. Anyone else should be limited to food, meds, ammo, relocation, or things specific to that group if it's one of the "special" groups like Doctors, Mechanics, etc.

Righteous Ham

Zed Hunter
It can not be that hard... could it?
While I'd love to see lots of stuff added and several changes to some core mechanics, I'm hesitant to speak with any authority on what is or isn't easy to do. I've just enough experience with coding from some very simple mod work, and having a friend who attempted to teach himself pythons some years back, to know just how complex making a game is.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Nearly died today. Thought I'd take a run out with new survivors, since I haven't played in forever.

They seem to have ramped up the spawn sizes rather ridiculously. I'm seeing hordes of 25 zeds and far too many specials.

Took a mission to go find a survivor and he was out at the old barn close to the starting plague cure quest.

Get there and there is an infestation with the guy I'm looking for fighting inside. Drive my car into the barn, promptly get stuck. Bail out the car and commence fighting the 12 zeds in the infestation. Then the guy gives me some zombie gas rubbish and I put it on. That seemed to be a clarion call for every zed that had already spawned to come join the party.

A few bloaters, 2 jugs and 2 ferals came running in. Then the infestation size literally jumped to 42 with 2 screamers. There was a stream of zeds inbound. I ended up running away as it was just ridiculous.

This is day 2...

DumplingBadger

Rescued Ally
Nearly died today. Thought I'd take a run out with new survivors, since I haven't played in forever.

They seem to have ramped up the spawn sizes rather ridiculously. I'm seeing hordes of 25 zeds and far too many specials.

Took a mission to go find a survivor and he was out at the old barn close to the starting plague cure quest.

Get there and there is an infestation with the guy I'm looking for fighting inside. Drive my car into the barn, promptly get stuck. Bail out the car and commence fighting the 12 zeds in the infestation. Then the guy gives me some zombie gas rubbish and I put it on. That seemed to be a clarion call for every zed that had already spawned to come join the party.

A few bloaters, 2 jugs and 2 ferals came running in. Then the infestation size literally jumped to 42 with 2 screamers. There was a stream of zeds inbound. I ended up running away as it was just ridiculous.

This is day 2...
That's actually one of the missions added to introduce the new "zomX" items...the one you are given hides you from the Zeds, and spawns in a metric shit ton of normals and freaks. To complete the mission just return the NPC back to their base.

Burzum

Rescued Ally
Just lost one.

Drucker County, day 20, all plague hearts gone, 4 allied enclaves, 1 friendly, 1 neutral and 1 'cold', no hostiles. Im now systematically looting everything possible before i move maps.

Only a few trailers and a warehouse left, dead of night, pitch black, approach the warehouse and open the door, immediately greeted with a hostile enclave, my follower, Tyler, takes a shotgun to the face before we even know whats happened.

I drop them all and clean them out. Im pissed. My population was at 10 due to having to recruit an enclave with ALL their members. Now im down at 9 and i cant replace him because im at 'max population'

Wankers.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Lost a girl last night. Was out on a mission and got my google car stuck on some wrecks. Juggie is busy pushing the car further into the wrecks, so I had to 'unstuck'

Moves me 5 meters to the right and as I get out the jug comes running. So now I'm hiding on the other side of this car trying to stay out of the juggies way and he pushes the car into me, and I glitch underground.

I'm like cool, I can rest a bit, but no, while I can't hit the jug from underground, he can sure hit me. Couldn't run away fast enough.