Dedicated to the SOD fam.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
Makes me nostalgic for the original State of Decay and all the great times and fun I had playing. Also makes me miss all the original characters and reoccurring stock ones like the sprang girl. Somehow the heart and soul it epitomized is lacking in the new version. Very little room for me to use any creativity or imagination in State of Decay 2 like I did in the original. Many of the folks who loved the game from the old forums have moved on to other things. I miss them. Streamers and Youtubers who I used to watch play this game frequently, rarely or no longer do so anymore. SOD2 feels like an almost entirely new and different experience from those days. Of course it really wasn't all that long ago, it just seems like it I suppose.

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
Yeah I wish I could implement the original soundtrack into SOD2 somehow. I prefer a handful of the original tracks over some of the new ones, especially this one.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Long before they released the OST, I had ripped all of the music out of the files and used to loop six or eight of the happy/soothing tracks (including this one) in my office at work. This one in particular was especially relaxing and comforting. Often times someone would come in to my office, freaking out about this or that crisis, and just having this song playing in the background I could visually observe a significant change. Almost immediately, they'd slow down and relax. A friend that worked with me even said once that she didn't know what it was, but no matter how bad things were out there, she always felt more relaxed and calm after sitting in my office for a minute. I just smiled at her and turned the volume up a little bit.

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
Long before they released the OST, I had ripped all of the music out of the files and used to loop six or eight of the happy/soothing tracks (including this one) in my office at work. This one in particular was especially relaxing and comforting. Often times someone would come in to my office, freaking out about this or that crisis, and just having this song playing in the background I could visually observe a significant change. Almost immediately, they'd slow down and relax. A friend that worked with me even said once that she didn't know what it was, but no matter how bad things were out there, she always felt more relaxed and calm after sitting in my office for a minute. I just smiled at her and turned the volume up a little bit.
Thanks for sharing that story. That is awesome. It’s amazing how powerful a song can be,(this one in particular).

Does SOD2 even have a song for those moments when things are going good at home, etc? If it does I don’t recall hearing it. Maybe SOD2 does have one but I just ain’t doing well enough with my community lol, or maybe I’ve heard it but it doesn’t deliver on the same level as this masterpiece, or.... maybe they don’t have one?

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
What's the track that plays when you first meet up with the Wilkersons and have to defend the old Barrett place from the hordes and first juggernaut?

Epic battle music.

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
Oh man. Man-oh-man.

I spent the entirety of the summer/fall/winter season of 2013 doing six things . . . and six things only: working (4 hours a day, 4 days per week), eating, sleeping, rigorously exercising, reading (and re-reading the Classics), and playing "State of Decay."

My niece was also born that year.

And my best friend suffered a devastating nervous breakdown.

With no real willful design, SoD just became a daily feature of my landscape during that time. And that piece of music you posted here (along with numerous others) deeply colonized my brain, and, combined with the game itself, produced a kind of therapeutic experience that actually helped shepherd me through some treacherous emotional waters.

My reaction to "Return to Trumbull Valley" is going to prove interesting indeed (certainly to myself).

Thanks for sharing, DB.

FTcivic

Missing Survivor
It has been a long while we could work towards activating the forums making it active. I miss writing for forum games sincerely, like I get urges to write. I stayed with SoD for the forum games group and it was some of the best times I've had.