UL Official CU 10: The Bounty Broker Update

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
UL broke something again.

Ever since this update dropped, the Stealth skill is bugged. I can't open locked doors in co-op anymore. 100% failure rate. The survivor reaches for the door, and just gives up.
I have been seeing this issue as well in solo half the time I want to quietly open a door. Today, I spammed the open button a bunch on a stuck door and the game froze up with the survivors hand on the doorknob. lol.

Rossafur

Rescued Ally
Yep as soon as Microshaft took over, you could see the decline in the game (Well that's my opinion anyway)
In UL's latest stream, at one point Technical Art Director Steve Theodore got maybe a little too candid for What's-His-Face Crazy-Hair's comfort about how the work environment was different pre-Microsoft, going from a tiny group of guys that could fix/change what they wanted at will and joke around freely to... definitely not being able to do either with over 80 employees, ha.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
In UL's latest stream, at one point Technical Art Director Steve Theodore got maybe a little too candid for What's-His-Face Crazy-Hair's comfort about how the work environment was different pre-Microsoft, going from a tiny group of guys that could fix/change what they wanted at will and joke around freely to... definitely not being able to do either with over 80 employees, ha.
Yep the 'Family' atmosphere evaporated as soon as MicroShaft took over. I feel sorry for the likes of Brant, who is still there.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
Since the update I've noticed that even in standard zone gun locations often have repetitive or crap weapons, cars are rarely undamaged, and worst of all the follower AI is actually more illogical than before. I just get tired of companions going around in circles before finally getting into a vehicle. They take forever and in later stages of the game that can be a big problem. Every time I decide to quit this game I get sucked back in with a new update or dlc. The Bounty Broker is not terrible but I wish they would just fix some of the basic things that don't work. Make existing missions work smoother. I don't want massive changes but some simple additions to make the SOD2 experience more enjoyable. Let us customize our characters and modify bases more. I'm not talking about a major new character creator or all new overhaul of the base building system. Just some simple options to allow us more choice and freedom. It won't happen of course. Undead Labs is not the same entity that it was before being acquired by Microsoft. It is all very corporate now. You must go through a myriad of different channels now to get any change or addition approved I'm sure. But I can still dream, even if that is all it is, a dream of what this game could be.

Viperho

Rescued Ally
Since the update I've noticed that even in standard zone gun locations often have repetitive or crap weapons, cars are rarely undamaged, and worst of all the follower AI is actually more illogical than before. I just get tired of companions going around in circles before finally getting into a vehicle. They take forever and in later stages of the game that can be a big problem. Every time I decide to quit this game I get sucked back in with a new update or dlc. The Bounty Broker is not terrible but I wish they would just fix some of the basic things that don't work. Make existing missions work smoother. I don't want massive changes but some simple additions to make the SOD2 experience more enjoyable. Let us customize our characters and modify bases more. I'm not talking about a major new character creator or all new overhaul of the base building system. Just some simple options to allow us more choice and freedom. It won't happen of course. Undead Labs is not the same entity that it was before being acquired by Microsoft. It is all very corporate now. You must go through a myriad of different channels now to get any change or addition approved I'm sure. But I can still dream, even if that is all it is, a dream of what this game could be.
yep, this has been our major complaint since day one. the base game experience as a simulator is lack luster. they keep putting more and more lipstick on this pig. not letting coop players to be given rights to help run or even view host bases or control the host characters, really lose me on the immersion factor.

When they announced coop for this game, I said finally "my gaming group can finally experience SoD as collective group!" but this whole you bring your group I bring my group from another dimension just doesn't work for me. It breaks game balance when an outside force can bring basically unlimited resources into your game.

I really want a pure simulator mode for coop, you know, like most campaign coop games?

Last edited:

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
yep, this has been our major complaint since day one. the base game experience as a simulator is lack luster. they keep putting more and more lipstick on this pig. not letting coop players to be given rights to help run or even view host bases or control the host characters, really lose me on the immersion factor.

When they announced coop for this game, I said finally "my gaming group can finally experience SoD as collective group!" but this whole you bring your group I bring my group from another dimension just doesn't work for me. It breaks game balance when an outside force can bring basically unlimited resources into your game.

I really want a pure simulator mode for coop, you know, like most campaign coop games?
Not to mention coop is mostly broken. I've been picking coop up recently. I'm on Xbox one and have good internet connection. Yet consistently no matter who's game I join it's a lag fest. My gunslinger cannot target running ferals because of lag and consistently auto targets zombies further away. It really is hard to get into it because of this. Also I only join standard games because of that...
Speaking of which why can't I see a list of all the games available to join? Instead it just picks a random game to throw me into, I get no say whatsoever.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
Speaking of which why can't I see a list of all the games available to join? Instead it just picks a random game to throw me into, I get no say whatsoever.
From what I understand that was intentional, you can do friend only games but otherwise you're supposed to get thrown into a random game with no way of knowing what you're getting into. It's supposed to be "fun" or something.

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
From what I understand that was intentional, you can do friend only games but otherwise you're supposed to get thrown into a random game with no way of knowing what you're getting into. It's supposed to be "fun" or something.
That's one of the reasons I suggested a 'ghost mode' for players volunteering in co-op. Make them invulnerable/invisible to zeds for a few seconds when they join a game. Give them a little time to assess the situation before you put a zed on their necks.

Rossafur

Rescued Ally
Not to mention coop is mostly broken. I've been picking coop up recently. I'm on Xbox one and have good internet connection. Yet consistently no matter who's game I join it's a lag fest. My gunslinger cannot target running ferals because of lag and consistently auto targets zombies further away. It really is hard to get into it because of this. Also I only join standard games because of that...
Yikes, good thing I never really tried co-op other than Daybreak for a little bit, I guess. Can't imagine how bad the lag would be now that I'm living in Japan, ha. Though I guess I play casually and sporadically enough that maybe I actually wouldn't rage that bad over losing a good character to lag, haha. A Red Talon operative, though... that might sting. Having to grind more Daybreak points with crap lag? Yeesh.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Where is Cash parked on the valley map? For some reason it not showing me where to turn in the missions. Sadly I started the missions on one group on the drucker map, then made a new group on the valley one. It's on nightmare and I don't want to waste gas hunting the map for him lol