Cooking Corner

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
For those watching football tomorrow (or just for general purposes) this is the best way to cook wings so there is a nice crispy skin to hold any sauce you put on them.
Items needed:
Plain chicken wings
Flour
Sauce (wing,BBQ,ect)

Dethaw frozen plain wings
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Rinse wings off in cold water
Coat in flour (add spices to flour if you wish)
Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray
Place flour coated wings on backing sheet
Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes
Put cooked wings in a bow and coat with sauce (any sauce would work) and either mix with big spoon or toss to coat wings in sauce.

Thursday for breakfast, my wife made me several banana pancakes. Then for dinner zucchini, carrot, and onions noodles with veggies as toppings and homemade cashew-based alfredo sauce

Last night for dinner, she made me cauliflower-based patties for dinner as well as cauliflower rice with mushrooms and other veggies as toppings.

All Vegan!

And she's not vegan. Thursday was my birthday, so that was her gifts to me :)

We bought a food processor and spirializer so she could do what she wanted.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Here's the before for tomorrow's dinner. Corned beef brisket, dutch baby gold potatoes, baby carrots, sweet yellow onion and a couple sprigs of rosemary. I'll try to remember to take a picture before I devour it.
1521324304592.png

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
After 9 hours in the crockpot, I finished the brisket under the broiler to get some color on the fatcap. Purely aesthetic.
1521415118761.png
The whole meal on the serving platter.
1521415149399.png
And, my plate...
1521415174782.png
By far my favorite holiday meal. Beats Christmas and even Thanksgiving hands down.

Natejersey

Missing Survivor
Afternoon folks. Just stopped over on the welcome thread and I learned that I'm doing the cooking for awhile...I used to cook for a catering company and my gf is a chef (she can wear the big hat, but chooses not to, because they are dumb) any suggestions?
-E5, I see your cheesecake and I raise you 1 cheesecake (with gingersnap crust, twas Christmas)

Attachments

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Afternoon folks. Just stopped over on the welcome thread and I learned that I'm doing the cooking for awhile...I used to cook for a catering company and my gf is a chef (she can wear the big hat, but chooses not to, because they are dumb) any suggestions?
-E5, I see your cheesecake and I raise you 1 cheesecake (with gingersnap crust, twas Christmas)
I see your cheesecake and @e5futter's pie and raise you...a slice of pie cake.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Tried inserting Patrick drooling, didn't work. Holy hell that looks good!