Question Can you have more than 3 enclaves?

rha

Missing Survivor
Hi, I have a question: Can you have more than 3 enclaves?
If I can, what file do I have to modify?
Seeing a related post, I've been modifying the enclaves.win.bmd file but I can't make any changes.

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Hi, I have a question: Can you have more than 3 enclaves?
If I can, what file do I have to modify?
Seeing a related post, I've been modifying the enclaves.win.bmd file but I can't make any changes.
Do you mean communities or NPC enclaves.
You can’t have more than three communities, and I cannot load the post that you have linked. I don’t think you can make any enclaves from what I’ve not seen or heard

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Rtsevents file

<Event Id="faEvent.SpawnEnclave">

Under <Inputs>
<Check InputAmount="&lt;4" InputFlags="" InputId="Count.Enclaves" />

&lt;4 means 'Less than 4", so 3 maximum.

However, there are other factors, so you can't have an unlimited number, but you can increase it somewhat. The total map population is limited, the number of survivors that can spawn on a given level is limited, and each character can only exist on a map once.

Too many, and they will use up all of the survivor pool, so you won't get any spawns, finding additional survivors will fail, many mission types will fail to start, and so on.

rha

Missing Survivor
hi QMJS, I only play at level 1 of the Breakdown, and I am changing parameters in the sandbox.xml file.
If I created more characters in the characters.xml file could I have more survivors available and thus generate more enclaves? or the limit is 3 always? because whenever I have played the maximum I have counted is 3 enclaves at a time.

How can I indicate that 1 to 3 survivors are generated in each enclave, I do not want a fixed number of 3 survivors to be generated?
This can be done?

Last edited:

QMJS

Zed Hunter
As I posted above, changing that value will increase the number of enclaves that can spawn. However, you do not always see every enclave... until you encounter them, see them while surveying, or they give you a mission they can be on the map and you may not know it. The number of missions will stay the same, so some enclaves may just sit around doing nothing, and will eventually despawn.

You can add characters, but it gets complicated because they won't spawn under normal methods, as only the first 100 are considered from the list unless you add additional traits and require those in the character spawn code.

Heroes must be unlocked, many are not playable npcs, such as the swat team members when the radio call is used.

Each character can only be present once per map... if they die or are in an enclave that disbands, they will not show up again until you move to the next level. EDIT: Playing on Breakdown 1 limits the characters even farther, as the initial starter enclaves at home sites will have characters that despawn and won't be considered again.

Enclaves with less than 3 people will break the enclave mission system, as most missions won't have enough people to start properly, but will still be selected. You could have a lot of enclaves, but no mission interaction, so they will eventually just break up and leave.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Additionally, each enclave is one less place that you can search, which may limit the amount of supplies you can find.

However, you can use the same settings for each Breakdown level in sandbox.xml, or just use a single entry. If it does not find an entry specifically for a level, it uses the previously defined level settings, so you might be able to just have the initial level settings, and moving on will just continue to use those.

rha

Missing Survivor
I see, then the game is not made for that.

My idea was to generate more enclaves so that the game has more life. I just want to see more people, more than 3 enclaves with people, even not doing missions and disappearing after a while.

For example: I have been testing whether I can add the mission in the story mode in which you meet the military and they tell you to stay away, just that part. I thought you could replicate that scene several times.

I still can't get the scene to be generated, but I have identified pieces of code in files:
missions.xml
<MissionFrameworkBucket FragmentFile = "Missions_Army" Label = "Army Arc (ar)">
<MissionFramework ActivateType = "EnterArea"

rtsevents. xml
<Enclave ActorFlags = "Spawn" ActorName = "Enclave.Army" EnclaveStat = "" HideWarnings = "" Optional = "" />

enclaves.xml
<Enclave EnclaveId = "Army" Flags = "Mission">

I've added the code that Breakdown is missing, but it's still not generated, the good thing is that the game is no longer closed.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
That will be very difficult to do. There are mission timers and counters that make sure they appear in the proper order, as well as changes to the characters that make up the enclave, all of which would need to be migrated to Breakdown.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Sorry, I did not see that this was State of Decay 1. QMJS is your best friend here. I’m soon going into the SoD2 Modding portion but I am no expert at all. Sorry I could not be of any use. Hope you have the best of luck!