Bugs

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Is this simply a case of UL being under the MS umbrella so it can be released like this and nobody gets reprimded for quality control? I can imagine a small game developer with alot to lose from a poor release would be sacrificing their first born to make sure everyone was triple-checking their work!
Even small time devs will miss small things, especially when a game has been over a lot of iterations before release. Consider the first time you've learned something new (without instructions) and how many mistakes you'd made before it just worked. Now think of how much better you are at it now.

In programming, the results of your first times can be present months/years later in the code because no one, yourself included, has the downtime to go back and fix it especially if it still works, even if it's a really ugly or lazy method of doing it. Only when someone else reports it and tells you "Hey, I did this new thing while trying your way and it caused this slew of issues" do you or anyone else bother to go back through it all.

Quality Control usually has two objectives: Does it do what it's supposed to do, according to the design specs? Does it cause any major bugs? Minor bugs are usually left in because the goal is to fix them later down the line when everything with higher priority is ironed out.

/rant

My game will infinitely load... 60 in game days... GRRRRRRR
Hard reset your Xbox and tried loading the game again?

Anyone having problems with saves when I save at a outpost I restart there however my last few games I have started elsewhere is this happening to other people
Xbox or PC? I've had it occur a couple times on PC if I've logged out while standing on the porch or otherwise not within the "zone" where it shows the outpost stat in the top left corner.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Even small time devs will miss small things, especially when a game has been over a lot of iterations before release. Consider the first time you've learned something new (without instructions) and how many mistakes you'd made before it just worked. Now think of how much better you are at it now.

In programming, the results of your first times can be present months/years later in the code because no one, yourself included, has the downtime to go back and fix it especially if it still works, even if it's a really ugly or lazy method of doing it. Only when someone else reports it and tells you "Hey, I did this new thing while trying your way and it caused this slew of issues" do you or anyone else bother to go back through it all.

Quality Control usually has two objectives: Does it do what it's supposed to do, according to the design specs? Does it cause any major bugs? Minor bugs are usually left in because the goal is to fix them later down the line when everything with higher priority is ironed out.

/rant

Hard reset your Xbox and tried loading the game again?

Xbox or PC? I've had it occur a couple times on PC if I've logged out while standing on the porch or otherwise not within the "zone" where it shows the outpost stat in the top left corner.
I fixed it, reinstall the game again.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Another "clear the infestation" mission. Wander around for 20 minutes looking for the last zombie.

I eventually find it, only because I am standing still and I see it wander across the opening out of the corner of my eye. It is making no sound.

Unreachable, unshootable, and explosives don't reach it either.

Unreachable.jpg

Gets even better... follower and mission NPC now phased into the container... but zombie does nothing, they just wander around inside... and won't come out. I went a couple hundred meters away and they are both now stuck in the box.

FollowerandmissionNPC.jpg

Last edited:

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Once I made lots of headless and alive zeds in sod 1. But guess what? They come from sod 1 to sod 2 !
I use blunt doing the stupid execute zed by knee down to pressure its head off and at the same time a juggernaut come to interrupt my execute , then that zed not dead, but its head off. Is that a bug? Or actually state of decay is a horror game?:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Once I made lots of headless and alive zeds in sod 1. But guess what? They come from sod 1 to sod 2 !
I use blunt doing the stupid execute zed by knee down to pressure its head off and at the same time a juggernaut come to interrupt my execute , then that zed not dead, but its head off. Is that a bug? Or actually state of decay is a horror game?:ROFLMAO:
It's not game breaking, so yeah, a fun little bug.

Zechs

Rescued Ally
I'd hope it's the rendering or fixed bug. When no Bloater shows up on map or shows up lying on the ground and Mustard (or whatever it is) erupts, it sucks and tends to make you not want to deal with anything as soon as you exit the car.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Also, no matter who I am playing as, they keep having 'thoughts' about trying it out... even after I have one and have used both types.

And, every wandering trader I have seen since the DLC pack installed has been a fireworks trader. Nothing else, and there have been four or five of them so far.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
every wandering trader I have seen since the DLC pack installed has been a fireworks trader.
Yeah, I never saw any other skill books, all I have to see is they just sale that firework.............
I am glade that hidden weapon box didn't show me the firework.

edited:Finally I find a trader who sale new skill books. Yeah...but that skill show that has 7 stars level but I just can learn one.

Last edited:

SpikeBatSwing

Missing Survivor
Notice a bug with the latest update. If there's a mission which searches for something/some item (also applies for loot search radio calls), once awhile the item/crate/loot bag will not highlight. For example:

few occasions already i have low ammo for my community, so i called in the radio to seek help for loot spotting. The icons come up and l look for them. when i reach the last spot, there will no crate/loot box/items to be highlighted for search and the icon on the map stays there until it expires without me having successful find a rucksack of ammo. happened a few times already.

Finally ran into my first major bug yesterday. I'm now officially a part of the SoD2 family! (y)

Some of you may know that I've been exceptionally lucky with my copy of SoD2. I'd run across several minor issues such as vehicles flickering or the infamous invisible door glitch but none of my missions broke nor did my followers run away or turn invisible. Despite the few minor setbacks my game suffered, on the whole I've been incredibly fortunate, especially compared to some of the horror stories I've encountered.

All that ended last night. I'd elected a sheriff to lead and it had been going well. I received a mission to help a friendly enclave settle into a new home. They agreed to assist with the plague hearts if only I'd help them settle into a new home first. It was a simple matter of clearing an infestation, something I'd done countless times before. Of course I agreed.

However, upon accepting the mission the quest marker failed to ping. The text telling me which building to clear was visible but after checking two "Peddler's BBQ" joints and finding them infestation free, I gave up. Checking every iteration of that building would've taken hours. So, I shut down the game and tried again this morning. After a few minutes the mission came up again, though from a different enclave.

When the quest began, the marker appeared and I was able to quickly drive to the destination. Upon arriving the game informed me of a sizable infestation (one screamer and seventeen zeds!) that failed show up. Very rude being late like that. Anyway, I spent the better part of half an hour trudging through the location and killing random zeds as they appeared, and while that did lower the zed count, it would simply climb again as new zombies spawned. The greater bulk of the horde never arrived rendering the mission unbeatable.

So I closed the game out again. I"ll try once more later and hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Undead Labs were lazy enough not to fill the gaps in unacceptable areas like a rock, tree, or the down under (staircases), and even the roof too is open for zeds to spawn
Yeah, I've seen some odd zed spawns. Though its never screwed me over before. My guess is the zeds were spawned in the mountains behind the water treatment plant.

A gig or two to fill in those patches should solve it.
Are they going to fill them in though? I certainly hope so but remain doubtful as SoD had similar issues. Remember when zeds would spawn underneath an infestation? As this is a problem that's rolled over from the previous game, I'm wondering if solving it is even possible or if this is indicative of some broader coding issue.