Bugs

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Are they going to fill them in though? I certainly hope so but remain doubtful as SoD had similar issues. Remember when zeds would spawn underneath an infestation? As this is a problem that's rolled over from the previous game, I'm wondering if solving it is even possible or if this is indicative of some broader coding issue.
I didn't remember much of them spawning under the floor but their body was unreachable so you would have to shoot them or go near them for a reaction. Most stairs in video games will keep going down by a few or two.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Are they going to fill them in though? I certainly hope so but remain doubtful as SoD had similar issues. Remember when zeds would spawn underneath an infestation? As this is a problem that's rolled over from the previous game, I'm wondering if solving it is even possible or if this is indicative of some broader coding issue.
Fairly easily fixed, if they devote the time to it. 1. Check spot to spawn- collision with any object? Rechoose. 2. Check above zombie- terrain present (i.e. underground)? Rechoose. 3. Check path to player- No valid path (ie. Stuck in box, etc.)? Rechoose. 4. If failed all three above, skip spawn.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Actually, they could add one more... if visible to player, rechoose. No more zombies just 'popping' in.

I'd rather have half as many working properly than the current numbers working poorly.

I didn't remember much of them spawning under the floor
Granted it wasn't a very common issue. I think it happend to me a dozen and a half times over several years. However, the fact that SoD2 exhibits
several of the same issues the first game had is not a good sign.
Fairly easily fixed, if they devote the time to it.
If No Man's Sky can be reworked into something decent, I'm confident SoD2 can be improved as well. Of course, they could always go the Bethesda route and ignore their bugs. Though, unlike them, UL doesn't have a well supported modding community to fix their glitches.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I heard No Man's Sky is better now, but you also have Sea of Trash(No offense, it's not worth $60, it's more like 15) The game needs full support and needs a better QA, I Play the damn game all day and I know how bugs work, know the map, analytics, etc.
JUST HIRE ME FOR FREE!!!

phil

Rescued Ally
Where to start:

The usual gate open but closed

Unable to run up a hill when I have run up steeper hills

In a brogan trekker (??), one character could jump on top but another character could not.
In a garage with the door close, yes I opened it to enter but closed it to do a good search. a zombie on the outside, well, some of it was on the inside, unable to open the door.

Other issues, the turning circle of the vehicles is worse than the once planet of Pluto.

Fuel consumption is poor, that is an understatement.

Undeadlabs do not answer their emails. The ones I have tried are:
1) sod2@microsoft.com
2) contact@undadlabs.com
They don't even have an auto-responder in place. I don't do face-ache and tw@tter.

This has happened a few times, I have enlisted a follower and either the character or the follower has started a fight at base.

It would be nice if I did not feel like a beta tester but with a company that does not respond.

phil

Rescued Ally
I absolutely loved this line. It made me laugh like a girl.
It is right though.

Another issue, the acceleration is slower than a sqaushed insect, all it needs to slow it down is one piece of metal that weighs ounces.

With the isse of jumping on a vehicle, it has happened to me now, same vehicle same person.

As anyone got a reliable email for these people, an address that they respond to as I am being ignored by these people unless they think that their game is perfect and NOBODY dare criticsise them. How dare we.

Don't get me wrong, I do lke this game but when these issues rear the head then it does not make the game look good.

Also, when driving all of a sudden another screen pops up for a second or two, the one with monochrome diagrams on it.

Goonie

Missing Survivor
As anyone got a reliable email for these people, an address that they respond to as I am being ignored by these people unless they think that their game is perfect and NOBODY dare criticsise them. How dare we.
I know you said you don't do Facebook or Twitter so I'm not sure if you're also against Discord, but the channel "#tech-support" is where you want to go for help with bugs or just to report them. Jawafawa, one of the customer advocates from Microsoft, is really helpful and knowledgeable. You could send him a private message if you're not a fan of the chat-like nature of Discord.

Edit: Here's a direct link to the channel I mentioned!

https://discord.gg/x7MNm64

Last edited:

IguanaC64

Missing Survivor
Oof, man...Daybreak was unplayable for me last night. I've been consistently playing for the last week or so, but last night every single match locked up (I tried about ten matches before giving up). One thing I noticed was that nearly *any* packet loss caused the game to lose sync and never recover. Seems like they really need to spend some time with the code that allows the game to resync after minor connection issues.

phil

Rescued Ally
Not to sure if this goes in here, but here it is.

Autosave:

Not my favourite because I travelled with a follower, we managed to get about 1 1/2 km away. Done some loot, well, a lot of looting. Travelled back. When we got back to base I rested both characters and just switched to a new character. This character had a rusty screwdriver ONLY as a weapon. I then quit the game. When I came back, this new nearly weaponless character was about 1 1/2km away, the area where I pacrked the vehicle.

Vans:

There is something not quit correct with the handling of these vehicles, they handle worse than a hovercraft.

phil

Rescued Ally
Maybe not a bug but, this has happened since the latest patch. Coincidence??

The speed of the zombies, some of them, have increased, they are faster, they can catch me when I am running.

When a zombie dashes at you, you normally have a tiny bit of time to react, now they are as fast as though they have been shot out of a canon, no time to react, or you cannot react fast enough.

phil

Rescued Ally
Vehicles:

Can be useful with a firearm to pick off the dead-uns, espically ferals. Sometimes I can jump un on the vehicle, same game same vehicle I cannot jump up on the vehicle.
Maybe not a bug but, this has happened since the latest patch. Coincidence??

The speed of the zombies, some of them, have increased, they are faster, they can catch me when I am running.

When a zombie dashes at you, you normally have a tiny bit of time to react, now they are as fast as though they have been shot out of a canon, no time to react, or you cannot react fast enough.
I know I am replying to myself, I had one zom-b lying down, just as I was getting my weapon ready, it was up and at me. Fast, that one will make a feral look like it was stuck in cement.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Well ZedHunter gave me a new bug :rolleyes: Loaded up my Brogan Trekker with trade goods and when got to the trader to take them out of the trunk the game hard locked to the trunk :cry: The only way out was ctrl alt del.....so far it's only happened once so I'll count that as a blessing.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Well ZedHunter gave me a new bug :rolleyes: Loaded up my Brogan Trekker with trade goods and when got to the trader to take them out of the trunk the game hard locked to the trunk :cry: The only way out was ctrl alt del.....so far it's only happened once so I'll count that as a blessing.
Well, we should know that every time they update, every time actually make new bugs. The new update load very much zeds than before, and make my game leg....can't believe my pc will leg in this game.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Well, we should know that every time they update, every time actually make new bugs. The new update load very much zeds than before, and make my game leg....can't believe my pc will leg in this game.
Yeah and I'm have infestations show up 2 at a time. Had one and was going to take it out then I had 3...afew minutes later there was 5.

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
I thought I was imagining things when i noticed more Zeds around certain areas, but I assumed it was because I dont clean up infections and plague hearts to make it harder on myself.

spacemousetw

Rescued Ally
Yeah and I'm have infestations show up 2 at a time. Had one and was going to take it out then I had 3...afew minutes later there was 5.
The zeds really more and more. I just go to pick a mission that doing easy thing, and damn it keep on going call lots of zeds, damn I actually can't kill them by guns or melee, finally I don't want npc die so I use car to deal them and keep that npc's live. Yeah, that zeds really too much , especially when sod2's melee is damn suck, it very hard to kill so many zeds. I miss original sod 1 'cause no matter how "much" zeds, you can always use melee to kill them all, and that' I feel it really balance.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I thought I was imagining things when i noticed more Zeds around certain areas, but I assumed it was because I dont clean up infections and plague hearts to make it harder on myself.
I'm seeing a lot of this near the hearts now
State of Decay 2 11_16_2018 4_22_08 AM.png
Lost one of people that was following me for a builder mission. The mission spawned near a heart so we was fighting 2 bloaters, 2 screamers a feral about 20 plague zombies and another 20 or so regular zeds. It was a hell of a battle Shelly my 10x survivor was the last thing standing and 15 minutes away from dying of blood plague lol