Bug Workarounds

Kid Kayole

Alamo Rookie
When SoD2 players need help with bugs, they may go looking for help at the now defunct official UL forums, and they may just find their way here. So if you find a workaround for a bug, post it here and help out your fellow survivors!

Here's one that @Julia Faye found:
If you have a mission to find something and there's no searchable containers in the building, a simple quit and reload should fix that.

Good idea!

One may encounter a bug wherein a character's backpack fails to appear. This is a visual glitch and can be fixed by either unequipping and reequipping the backpack or by picking up and putting down a rucksack.

Edit: I should clarify I'm on the PC version.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Any idea what to do to get the container base to register as clear ? Says I've only cleared 3/4 areas and won't let me settle.

My map is clear and I've run the place ragged looking to clear to no avail.

So a common problem seems to be having a follower stop responding to your attempts to interact. Especially annoying if you had them carrying the jerry cans and you need to refuel. :cry:

I've discovered a workaround! Go to your community tab, highlight their character and switch directly. This will put you in their shoes and should restore the more direct form of interacting. While I've not tested it, this method should also work for those of you whom have dealt with the follower constantly running away glitch.

Note: as this requires the follower to be a member of your group, this will not work on NPCs.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
For those that install an update and get an infinite black screen after hitting continue game or new game:

turn off your Xbox one controller, and clear your system cache. (Hold down on the Xbox logo of the console for 10 seconds) after about 15 seconds, turn on your Xbox and login. The problem should now be fixed.