Bob's Probs

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
@Terrafutan - Nice one :)

@chikawowwow - Having downloaded that new video card update you found, the game is much better graphic wise. I am still getting some issues, but apart from the 'W' key, nothing game breaking.
Yeah the update won't make all the problems go away as the card is still below the minimum requirements, but it's good that you've got at least some benefit!

IguanaC64

Missing Survivor
Shrug...I live in a humid climate...I make a mental note to touch bare metal before I pick up anything...I try to hold electronics by the edge (or on parts not directly touch electronics like the backplate/plastic shroud of a video card).

I've never popped a card or any piece of computer equipment with ESD. It's a valid point, tho...esp in dry climates.

phil

Rescued Ally
There is plenty of good advice as I have recently built a computer. I used to it for a living. My current one is, what I consider, is a very fast system. Someone mentioned about ESD, if you are going to touch bare metal and it happens to be a radiator, make sure it is not the painted part, easy to do, and make sure you touch it for a few seconds.

Loads of little tips like, even if you are experienced still have a quick look at the quick guide, I do, just in case something have change.

Do not be in a rush.

phil

Rescued Ally
A magnetic screwdriver or a small magnet on the metal shaft of a screwdriver will help you retrieve dropped screws that have been dropped.

Build a system in a well lit area, failing that a handsfree headtorch.