Mod Idea Blood Plague Freak Idea

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
Work has been slow but steady.

Currently working on having the game recognize the blood plague zombies as a separate freak with it's own spawn rate, as well as give them different costumes to help differentiate them from normal zombies.

Also added a few minor additions, like lower chance of weapon wear depending on expertise level, new fatecards, lots of comments to help anyone peruse through the code, and lots of stuff idealized for the future.

This is starting to become more of a modpack, but I'll definitely release everything separately for anyone who wants it.

I'm going to redo the character development mod as well, and make it so bloaters can give you blood plague too. Or maybe a different sickness. We'll see. Too many ideas, not enough time, but I'm close to being finished on the original idea.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
Made some big progress.

I'm looking for 1-2 volunteers willing to donate an hour of their time playing the game

LDarkharte

Rescued Ally
C
I can send you files I got from an infection I have already created in Lonewolf.

If you get bit by a zombie of feral you get infected.

At the beginning there are small impediments, small limit on health and stamina. This is called stage one of the plague.

During stage 1 of the plague the player will experience "fatigue spikes". A fatigue spike a a sudden and random spike of complete fatigue, where the player will lose all their stamina and be limping and struggling.
Fatigue Spikes last between 5-20secs before instant recovery.
At the beginning, fatigue spiked are less frequent and last very short.
The longer your infected with the plague the more frequent and prolong the fatigue spikes occur.

Stage 2-4 of the plague further decrease the limit in stamina and health, and by stage 3 players can potentially be dangerously low on stamina, depending on survivors. By stage 4 all survivors will have dramatic impediments.

The plague takes at minimum 5 game hours to fully evolve into stage 4, the final stage.

Combating the plague:

There are ways I have created to combat but he plague.

At home: you can use meds to help combat the plague. The rate of success is highly dependent on the stage of the infection, although these success rates are relatively low.

Cleo Drops: At Cleo drops players can collect a Single dose of "Suppressant - 79" a temporary cure for the plague. After completing a Cleo Drop players can use the Suppressant 79 to cure themselves of the plague. This method has significantly higher rates of success but is still dependent on the plague stage.
Can you send me this too? I use Lonewolf but haven't seen this happen to me yet. :)

Ementy

Missing Survivor
what would I need to change to make this so only ferals cause infection, as I play with a larger zombie population.
Edit: is there progress or other mods that have added a freak? If so, with that code I could in theory Make a human combatant even if it is only melee, Could possibly name Scavenger or something of the sort, any leads on that front would be awesome.

AmeliaCrasman

Missing Survivor
Any update? 😁
Yes I'm working on it now because I had Unexpected accident Saturday morning and my partner got hurt. But Im polishing a few bugs before release, im hoping, tonight, im doing test runs and hopefully if I don't find anything of concern, I will release tonight!!!! :D

LDarkharte

Rescued Ally
Yes I'm working on it now because I had Unexpected accident Saturday morning and my partner got hurt. But Im polishing a few bugs before release, im hoping, tonight, im doing test runs and hopefully if I don't find anything of concern, I will release tonight!!!! :D
Very sorry to hear that, hope you're both okay πŸ™‚