Alpha Test Server Live

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Razing Devine is live on the LightSail server. You may connect by pointing your telnet client to:

3.221.103.48:4000

Note: Characters will no longer be removed during the Alpha unless significant changes are made that require character resets.

Note: The Alpha server will now remain live through the end of November except for maintenance. Maintenance will be announced 2 hours ahead of time.

MUD clients for Win/Linux/Mac':
Mobile MUD clients:
KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Brooks Apartment Building 3 room descriptions are incomplete
  • Quests are currently disabled
  • Wild Wally's shop currency is not available
  • Hunters shop and currency is not available
  • Added Nov 4th: Willow St is all named Elms Rd...because I fail at reviewing my streets properly
Please post your feedback for this Alpha into this thread

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
1st run through comments. Haven't got too far as I keep getting disconnected outside the community center.

Might be a leftover from my previous run, but I cannot delete and recreate a character with the same name. Says it already exists.

Stats currently just gives level. I assume that feature is coming.

If I label the starter room as #1 and move W to hallway #2 (Hawk room to the w), S to hallway #3 (Osprey to the w), S to hallway #4 (Mens room to w) and then E to Entrance #5 i have the following issues:
From #4 to the mens room (w) does nothing (womens room on opposite side also mia)
From #4 going N takes you to #2 and skips #3
From #5 going W takes you to #3 and skips #4
Upstairs for training from starting room #1

SW corner, zombie respawns and attacks constantly, not sure if this is by design. Leveling up to 3 with Close Combat wasn't too hard. Seems I have infinite life or I heal between fights.
SE corner Crafting Info says I have nothing on the table (the one full of stuff like hunting knife etc) that can be picked up.
Going out of the convention center ends up as below...

The parking lot has been overrun with zombies for weeks. Clearing out some of
them will help future survivors.

[NPC] a stumbling zombie
[NPC] a stumbling zombie
[NPC] a stumbling zombie
[Exits: north east south west]
kill zombie
You attack a stumbling zombie.
Your Homemade Spear hit a stumbling zombie for 3 damage.
[ ALERT ] - Socket got disconnected.
Reason: The remote host closed the connection
[ INFO ] - Connection time: 00:10:41.044

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Oof...alright, thanks I'll get it fixed up this morning or this afternoon. I made some changes to the zombies and didn't think to re-test them to ensure they worked properly.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Update:
  • Character deletion and recreation with the same name is coming later. The base code doesn't allow it to prevent others from using your name if you quit the game.
  • Convention center rooms fixed.
  • Winched Zombie now has a 2 minute timer before attacking players
  • Regular zombies are attackable again, also they have a bite attack which does 250% damage (3-5 outside the starting area)
  • Crafting is under review, I didn't properly design the items so the combine function is broken

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Known Bugs:
  • 24th Street no longer connects to the Brook Apartments due to typos - corrected in next patch
  • 24th street to and from Elms intersection are not linked properly - corrected in next patch
  • Dave could not be bothered to find his own shop items so he would ignore shop list - corrected in next patch
  • All NPCs would ignore talking to players and logging out in the same room would break login - corrected in next patch

Last edited:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Update 11/22/2019:
  • FIXED: 24th Street no longer connects to the Brook Apartments due to typos
  • FIXED: 24th street to and from Elms intersection are not linked properly
  • FIXED: Dave could not be bothered to find his own shop items so he would ignore shop list
  • FIXED: All NPCs would ignore talking to players and logging out in the same room would break login
  • ADDED: Red's Premium Inn & Red (new shopkeeper)
  • ADDED: Nail Creations store & Great Value Pawn
  • ADDED: New grassy areas to connect up more areas
  • ADDED: New clothing items available
  • TWEAKED: Class list reworked
  • TWEAKED: MOTD reworked

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Update 12/6/2019:
  • Tweaked: Restarted host server to apply updates
  • Added: Released new map
  • Tweaked: Restructured old buildings and streets to fit new map