Ahhh, the more challenging, the better, I suppose...(Breakdown, Xbox360)

Jack Talk Thai

Rescued Ally
I'm just now realizing that apparently we cannot craft ammo on the 360 version. I'm at Breakdown level one, planning on fully looting the map before going on, and of course Lily's infamous 'Hey, I found some ammo but I'm not gonna show you on the map where it is, lol' glitch is an issue. I was hoping to max out ammo as well as collect some decent rifles for the later levels--primarily relying on melee weapons at the moment. I guess this means I'll be going through each of the early levels clearing out the map and stocking ammo that way, along with using the shooting platform for the +3 ammo from other communities.

Questions:

I'm researching everything now on level one, which means I wouldn't need the library in the future, but should I build it anyway in later levels, just for the +3 ammo when other communities want to use it?

Should I have Lily focus mainly on seeking out ammo first and foremost until she can't, then move on to the other options as needed (searching for survivors, for example)?

At what point should I start breaking the ammo bags open as opposed to loading up the rucksack? Is it ever preferable to do that? I've been breaking open all the food caches I find, stockpiling Twinkees, relying on the greenhouse for community food.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Seems wrong that you can't craft ammo. I can't recall but I'm sure I crafted ammo in the 360 version.

It has to be researched first (but I assume you already know that) and crafted at a munitions workshop.

I tend to do all my research and buildings on lvl 1 so that I don't have to do them again. I also drop the library as the watchtower will also give you the +3 ammo. The Training Area is also useful for the +3 ammo.

kwpit79

Missing Survivor
I thought ammo crafting was one of the last updates for 360 (but I could be confusing it for YOSE).

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
I thought ammo crafting was one of the last updates for 360 (but I could be confusing it for YOSE).
I’m pretty sure ammo crafting was added in Lifeline, for Lifeline, I don’t think it became generic until YOSE. I could also be confused. But Yose was when they redid the facilities, right?

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
You'd need the library if you want to craft stims, unfortunately. You'd think that once you've researched how to make them you wouldn't need it anymore but, nooo :-(

Ammo crafting is only with YOSE, I thought :unsure: Unless the 360 had a special update back then.

Jack Talk Thai

Rescued Ally
I'm also looking into collecting some cool weapons as I progress--I'll probably hit the military stashes first thing at the start of each level. Barricading a few windows it struck me how great it would be to find a hammer, and how I never have...a little research tells me that the hammer only appears as a weapon carried by two specific survivors and must be looted from their dead corpses. Interesting, I wonder if that still applies to Breakdown (the wiki mentions that the characters are a part of story mode, though I don't specifically remember them). I want the hammer!