Active SoD Communities?

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
When it comes to online communities for SoD2, I’ve mainly focused on the Amalo because of its forum format which I’ve grown accustomed too during UL’s forum lifecycle. From time to time I’ll reach out on Twitter for direct contact with UL devs, but Twitter discussions are very slow lol. I’ve never given discord much of a chance either, mainly because of how topics easily get buried. Aside from the Alamo, where else online does this community go for SoD related content and discussions?

del44Zslayer

Rescued Ally
I'm the same as you, I flit from here to twitter. Luckily I have many good friends and fellow SOD fanatics aka the SODfamily, that keep me fueled chat wise with great SOD topics and tips and general funny moments. I also find following a select few on YouTube gives some good conversations via the comments at the bottom. People like English Bull, Chartier67 and @Stray Cat 🤘😄

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
I'm the same as you, I flit from here to twitter. Luckily I have many good friends and fellow SOD fanatics aka the SODfamily, that keep me fueled chat wise with great SOD topics and tips and general funny moments. I also find following a select few on YouTube gives some good conversations via the comments at the bottom. People like English Bull, Chartier67 and @Stray Cat 🤘😄
Excellent, I’ll be sure to check out their channels(y)

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
I usually go between here and the GameFaqs SoD2 board, but I honestly wouldn't recommend GameFaqs. The Alamo is the best place to be, frankly...nice, intelligent, funny and most importantly, civil. GameFaqs is about as civil as a drunken Jersey Shore knife fight, but to be fair probably almost as entertaining as well. Just don't expect help or civility, though.

Nearly all my SoD related information and interacting with the community comes through this site. On occasion, I'll read articles or watch vids on YouTube that discuss the game but those instances are few and far between.
The Alamo is the best place to be, frankly...nice, intelligent, funny and most importantly, civil. GameFaqs is about as civil as a drunken Jersey Shore knife fight, but to be fair probably almost as entertaining as well. Just don't expect help or civility, though.
And this is pretty much the reason for that. I'm old enough that internet drama is not something I care to fall into. If one can't keep a civil tongue in their mouth, I'll simply move on.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I'm about the same as @Righteous Ham... expect I'm way to old for internet drama anymore so I stay away from it for the most part. I do jump on discord to find out if there is going to be a stream from UL. But mostly I just use https://www.primagames.com/games/state-of-decay-2/tips/state-decay-2-all-home-base-locations when looking for bases I might like. I do watch some twitch of the game being played you see some funny shit.....like the guy calling a drone strike that killed him and his friend lol. His friend was pissed because that toon was one of his very first and was a x survivor from god knows how many games.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Before Twitter the only info I got was from my friends who were addicted to sod 1 just like me. I eventually downloaded Twitter following undead labs to get as much Info as possible (at the time I didnt know the forums existed) so I didnt join any other sod community stuff for while. I eventually found the old forums when I searched for something on google. I looked around but didnt join because I thought it wasn't for me. I eventually joined the xbox club thing when I saw arky on YouTube saying how he was making one so I did that and after a while I think undead labs announced the discord thing so I decided to join that and it was pretty cool to talk to everyone and then it got full asf and I couldn't keep up with anything so I just stop reading the chat even though it's still on my list. Before that I joined here the Alamo and yeaaah that was my story wandering around (need to play "The wanderer" now because of that)

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Before Twitter the only info I got was from my friends who were addicted to sod 1 just like me. I eventually downloaded Twitter following undead labs to get as much Info as possible (at the time I didnt know the forums existed) so I didnt join any other sod community stuff for while. I eventually found the old forums when I searched for something on google. I looked around but didnt join because I thought it wasn't for me. I eventually joined the xbox club thing when I saw arky on YouTube saying how he was making one so I did that and after a while I think undead labs announced the discord thing so I decided to join that and it was pretty cool to talk to everyone and then it got full asf and I couldn't keep up with anything so I just stop reading the chat even though it's still on my list. Before that I joined here the Alamo and yeaaah that was my story wandering around (need to play "The wanderer" now because of that)
Jeez, that's some discussion forum tour of duty...:whistle:

Kizig

Alamo Rookie
I also swing by r/StateOfDecay, lurk only. It's your typical mix of advice, posted clips (car physics for the win), complaints. The grumbling has been mostly bugs and too easy. Overall, feels a bit more "how to" than philosophical, compared to here. Has been interesting there to see a few hardcore game defenders in action, unsure if they're sincere or trolling.

I'm about the same as @Righteous Ham... expect I'm way to old for internet drama anymore so I stay away from it for the most part. I do jump on discord to find out if there is going to be a stream from UL. But mostly I just use https://www.primagames.com/games/state-of-decay-2/tips/state-decay-2-all-home-base-locations when looking for bases I might like. I do watch some twitch of the game being played you see some funny shit.....like the guy calling a drone strike that killed him and his friend lol. His friend was pissed because that toon was one of his very first and was a x survivor from god knows how many games.
What's the chatter like on the discord these days? Ha, since you're a brave fella willing to drop in there so that others don't have to.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I also swing by r/StateOfDecay, lurk only. It's your typical mix of advice, posted clips (car physics for the win), complaints. The grumbling has been mostly bugs and too easy. Overall, feels a bit more "how to" than philosophical, compared to here. Has been interesting there to see a few hardcore game defenders in action, unsure if they're sincere or trolling.

What's the chatter like on the discord these days? Ha, since you're a brave fella willing to drop in there so that others don't have to.
Same as always just less people lol but things will pick back up around next DLC :)

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I've stayed here, lurked sometimes on /r/stateofdecay, was on the official Discord until it hit 200+ members, still on our official Alamo Discord since it's relatively quiet.

I was on the SoD2 modding Discord, but the ratio of requesters to actual modders defeated the entire point of it to me. I was looking for a group of people actually doing the modding and discussing plans for it (which it has, but it wasn't really the focus when I was there) and less unfiltered requests to do stuff (the official Discord and /r/stateofdecay covers that well enough).

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Before the official forum closed, I went to their discord a few times (hated it. Reminds me too much of DalNet.). Since then, I'm here and only here. If I have a question that hasn't been answered here, I'll google it and that's the extent of my exposure outside this forum. Guess I'm just a good ol' boy. And, that's fine with me. I don't need the caustic/hateful/disrespectful attitude that seems to pervade the rest of the internet.

Most of us here are practically family in my eyes and that's the kind of community that I cherish and enjoy. This is an enclave that can endure anything.

Before the official forum closed, I went to their discord a few times (hated it. Reminds me too much of DalNet.). Since then, I'm here and only here. If I have a question that hasn't been answered here, I'll google it and that's the extent of my exposure outside this forum. Guess I'm just a good ol' boy. And, that's fine with me. I don't need the caustic/hateful/disrespectful attitude that seems to pervade the rest of the internet.

Most of us here are practically family in my eyes and that's the kind of community that I cherish and enjoy. This is an enclave that can endure anything.
And this is the same way that Bob felt I know for sure. @BobCrees

I feel more a part of this community as I have been with you guys for the last 5 years. Not always this active, hell, old forum had 1,000+ likes and 1,000 posts. Here nearly 2,500 likes and just over 300 odd posts.

I am happy to be able to say my Alamo Family. Happy for the advice I get here, to do with real life or not and only in game. Best times I had online have been with guys and girls from here.

Thank you guys.

del44Zslayer

Rescued Ally

Agreed 100 % 👍👍👍

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
I followed SOD before it was even a real game. It was just a concept I read an article about that Jeff Strain and some folks that later became Undead Labs were developing into a game. I thought it sounded interesting and filed it in the back of my mind. I kept my eye on everything they were doing. I even remember the first concept art they showed. When the game released on the Xbox 360 arcade I tested the demo they offered and immediately fell in love with the game and ordered it. I lurked around the old official forums for about a year before I actually got up the nerve to join and post something. I had bad experiences with other forums being very sarcastic and demeaning. But nearly everyone on the SOD official forums were polite and helpful. They had good rules and the moderators actually enforced them! I was on those forums for years and met many of you there. I made many great friends there over the years. Some are still around and others have moved on, but I still miss them. After the official forums were closed I came here and spend quite a bit of time on this site. If I want info or help this is the place I come to. I tried Discord. It just moves to fast for me and very much lives up to its' name "discord". I do watch some YouTube but most of the folks there and on Twitch that I used to watch play Breakdown almost all the time, rarely seem to record playing SOD 2. Chartier67 is about the only one who does. I'm also on Twitter but on YouTube and Twitter I mostly use my real name and not my Xbox Rebel36 gamertag. The Alamo is a great forum and I hope it continues to grow.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
While we were waiting for 2 to release and the other forums were being put down, I used to come here all the time.

When 2 was released I practically lived here, looking for info, discussing things with my fellow survivors.

When the patches started coming, I used to come here to affirm that I wasn't the only one pissed off with the direction the game has taken.

Now I pop in once a day to see if anything new is happening since I haven't played 2 in over a month.

Pretty soon I'll be popping in once a week/month/year to see if they've fixed the game. :( (Unless SAK gets his Artist together - I'm looking forward to that)

Maltriagon

Rescued Ally
I like answering questions on the subreddit. Those plebian newbs always need questions answered. (Kidding. But I do mostly answer questions on there.) This is the place to be for any actual discussion though.