20+ Survivor camps

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Hi all

I'm looking for info on ways different players deal with large camps of survivors in terms of keeping everyone sane, happy, and home.

I've got a current game going with 26+ and I find my guys getting negative far too quickly for my liking. I can't play all of them all the time, but I'm keeping what I can stable by sharing around missions and resource collecting.

I seem to be getting lots of sleep deprivation and snacks aren't real food messages, along with missing and run away survivors. I've had no beds for a time while I build all buildings and research all possibles. In terms of food, I'm in the 100s

Any suggestions to keeping things more stable around the house ?

I'm at the warehouse, so have 4 slots available but I'd ideally like one for crafting ammo.

My win condition is to get to 35+ and have everyone happy

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
If you want happiness, you're actually better off at the fairgrounds since it has the built in kitchen. Sure you could build one at Snyder, but if I remember right the Fairgrounds kitchen is actually a bit better than the one you can build.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
I don't think the meals make any difference unless there is some hidden influence I don't know about. Dining area the same. Wiki say that it 'It reduces conflicts and tension between your group. '

I don't have any fights or tension, I just haven't got everyone happy. I see a lot of grim faces, and I'll have them drop rucks or something to boost it, but by the time I've used someone else for 30 mins, they're grim again.

I was thinking I must pull everything except the medical and ammo builds, and put down 3 bunks, but that's only enough for 32.

That may help to stabilize everyone while I gather the rest of the heroes. Worth a shot I suppose.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
If you aren't going to have enough beds, keep one at the first stage. "Provides no beds, but gives a 50% chance of preventing Sleep Deprivation."
Every day, each has a 50% chance of resisting the no sleep problem, and the first stage gives them an extra 50% check, so overall an average of only 25% of developing sleep deprivation. Once you upgrade them all to actual beds, it just checks the number of beds vs. survivors, so it is 50% if there aren't enough.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
I'll give that a try, thanks QMJS.

Interestingly enough, Maya, who last night had left the valley as she had heard rumours of family, was still there this morning standing guard. She hasn't moved since.

KC who had also run away, was found hiding in the shed out back of the warehouse of course.

Milo and Kelly seem to be my two problem children. Milo has already run away twice but his status reset sometime and is back to grim.

Only 10 more heroes to recruit for my challenge, so I'll stick it out with what I have.